Little Love Bug Company is now partnering with meals for kids - A program of Meals on Wheels People in Portland, Oregon.
Meals on Wheels People received funding from the Portland Children's Levy to offer the Meals 4 Kids program and we can help! We'll help provide home delivery of culturally-appropriate, nutritious dinners to families in need.
Children ages 0-18 and their caregivers who live in the City of Portland are eligible to receive services if the family income is 185% of the federal poverty level or lower. The Meals 4 Kids program prioritizes serving low-income families living primarily in East and North Portland experiencing low food security who are also experiencing the following:
- Chronic condition or illness of caregiver or child
- Lack of facility to prepare meals
- Lack of ability to access food resources such as food pantries
- Other barriers impacting access to food resources and/or ability to prepare meals
- 663 kids received home delivered meals
- 1369 kids received community dinners
- Children ate 95,782 total meals
To learn more check out: